What we Believe
New Life Christian Community is a non-denominational community of followers of Jesus Christ.
New Life Statement of Faith:
- This congregation believes that the Bible is the Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in the matters of faith and conduct.
- This congregation believes that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, that these are equal in every divine perfection and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption.
- This congregation believes in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe He died in our place to atone for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, continual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- This congregation believes in the Holy Spirit, sent into the world by the Father and the Son to apply to mankind the saving work of Christ. He enlightens the minds of sinners, awakens in them a recognition of their need for a Savior and regenerates them. At the point of salvation, He permanently indwells every believer to become the source of assurance, strength, and wisdom and uniquely endows each believer with gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ. The Holy Spirit guides believers in understanding and applying the believer to lead a life of Christ-like character and to bear fruit to the glory of the Father.
- This congregation believes that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are guilty sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- This congregation believes that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior receive forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life, and are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- This congregation believes that salvation from judgment, forgiveness of sin, and eternal life are free gifts of God’s grace, through faith in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection, and cannot be earned, deserved, inherited or bought.
- This congregation believes that water baptism is the symbol of Holy Spirit baptism, and therefore is done by immersion for followers of Jesus Christ. We also believe in the dedication of children to God, as well as their parents, family and this church to raise the child in such a way that they might live for God. We intentionally celebrate and communicate about these events so as to clear up any confusion that may arise.
- This congregation believes that those who celebrate in the partaking of the Lord’s Supper should be believers walking in fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This congregation believes that the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to evangelize the lost and to edify the saved.
- This congregation believes that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with each other as partners in the building of the kingdom of God.
Regarding manhood, womanhood, and sexuality this congregation affirms the Nashville Statement. To read this statement, click here.